Tuesday, December 01, 2009

So, over the weekend...I was discussing my blog...or lack of...with my friend. She asked me why I didn't write as much as I did in the beginning. I explained that I feel like nothing blogworthy or entertaining is going on in my life right now. She advised me to take a closer look at my day to day...and assured me that there's plenty of entertaining things happening that I'm just not aware of.

So, I took her advice....

Last night when I got home, Matt was raving about this pie my mom made. My mom? Made a pie? She's not the baking/pie-making type. Then he explained that the pie had meat in it. Ok, that made more sense. But, why was he raving about it? I make chicken potpie and pizza pie all the time. I never hear him raving. He described the pie as a sweet meat pie, which is why he likde it.... It was sweet. But sweet meat sounded disgusting to me. Later in the evening, I went to my mom's and saw the sweet meat pie on the counter. I helped myself to a bite. I kinda felt like Joey Tribiani on the episode when Rachel made a shepherd's pie. Meat? good. Corn? Good. Cheese? Good. Sweet crust? Good. But all together...it was kind of strange. I couldn't understand why my mom's crust was so sweet. She bought a pre-made crust...and they usually just have a tinge of sweetness. So, I took another bite to figure it out...and sure enough, I realized she used GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST! She got the recipe from my sister...who probably said, "buy a ready made crust"...and then my mom went to the baking aisle and bought the only ready made crust she could find. She was really embarrassed and made me vow not to tell my sister. So, if you're my sister and reading this....Don't tell Mummy I told you. And if you're anyone else who knows my mom...You never read this. Kapeesh?

Later that evening...Matt and I played Scrabble. I hate playing games with him because he's a cheater. But, I thought I'd give it one last try...He spelled out the word "dickory" I tell him it's not a word...and he quickly replies with "hickory dickory dock" I couldn't argue with that. Next he spelled..."heartful" To which I reply,"that's not a word" And he says..."I give you my heartful condolensces." I almost fell for it...and then remembered it's heart-FELT. needless to say, no more scrabble for me and Matt.

4 comments:

steve said...

Haahaaaa

Staicy said...

lol..that was hilarious sue! and its never a good idea being on opposing teams with your spouse when playing games!

kovoor36 said...

hahahhahahaa

Anonymous said...

Dickory is not a word either