Monday, December 14, 2009

Wii dont' have it...

Pardon me for my lack of posting last week. It was an extremely busy work week. I actually had to spend time at the office after 5 pm, which is very unusal because I'm usually out the door and in my car with my seatbelt strapped by 5 pm.

Let me fill you in on the events of last week. I had been dropping both subtle and obvious hints to Matt that I wanted a Wii for Christmas. Partially because I rock at Wii bowling and I also wanted the Wii Fit to excercise with. Since Walmart was giving away a $50 gift card with their Wiis Matt decided that we could finally get one. So, we woke up at 7 am one Sunday morning to beat the rush. We came home with our new purchase and I was so excited to set it up and start playing...after church, of course. So, imagine my disappointment when we stuck the game cd in and it...DIDN'T WORK!!

I could hardly concentrate in church because I knew that if we took the Wii back to Walmart, we wouldn't be able to exchange it. There were only 3 more in the store when we bought ours. Sure, I could wait until Monday to exchange it...but that totally threw a wrench in my plans of playing the Wii all afternoon long!! Church was finally over and I told M & S (not to be confused with M as in Matt or S as in Sue...) about our dilemma. They were certain it was an easy fix and offered to come by and look at it.

Unfortunately, they couldn't fix it either. We were all set to go get a refund for our purchase when Matt decided to call the 1-800 number help line. I was pretty sure that the call would get him nowhere...it was obviously a problem with the console that couldn't be fixed. Matt told the lady that he tried to put the cd in and it kept giving him the same message over and over "unable to read disc." She very patiently asked him to walk over to the console, and see if there were plastic feet on the top of it.....

And there ya have it....we had the unit upside down the whole time....so it was reading the disc upside down!!

We had to go through all these obstacles and in the end....we didn't keep the Wii afterall. Oh, it worked perfectly fine...but, SOMEONE seems to think that they're going to come out with a new and improved system next year and then by that time ours will be outdated...(blah, blah, blah).
So, there goes that Christmas wish...on to the next....

2 comments:

kovoor36 said...

hahahahaa after all that, you guys still returned it?? whats next on the list??

Scorps1027 said...

you returned it after all that fuss?!