Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I've got no passion for fashion...

After the recent Oprah episode about fall fashion. I was feeling pretty good about myself. It seemed I wasn't as clueless as I had assumed...I actually wore "in" colors, understood the basics of accessorizing, and made good use of tights! So, since I was "so" fashionable...I was pretty confident in wearing a dress to the last wedding I worked. Wearing Indian outfits are a job hazard. I can't begin to tell you how many times I've tripped on churidar pants as I was running around.

The dress I picked was actually a skirt and shirt. I bought it a few years ago for a Christmas party. I'm not sure what the skirt is made of, but it is charcoal gray with black velvet designs on it. I knew the colors were in this season, so I figured I could pull it off with a pair of my favorite black tights. Of course, Sheryl made fun of my shirt....and come to think of it, so did her mom. It was a 3 quarter length sleeve jacket-shirt in black velvet. Sheryl didn't get how a jacket could be a shirt and her mom didn't get why I buttoned it all the way to the collar. But, I blew them off...I mean, what do THEY know about fashion? So, I went to the wedding and felt pretty good about myself. And I felt pretty good about the outfit after...thinking I should wear it to all weddings that I work.

Until....I was at Walmart over the weekend and saw someone else sporting the exact same outfit. Now, I'm not a fashion snob who thinks I need to be wearing "originals." The problem def'ly wasn't that someone else was wearing something I owned. The problem was.................she was 60. She definitely burst my bubble. If only Stacey London wasn't so rude to her show guests....I'd def'ly sign myself up for "What Not to Wear."

3 comments:

Scorps1027 said...

i think it's only fair that you provide us with a picture of this outfit so we can fairly assess the outfit!

happy roy said...

i agree! also, what if the 60 year old woman was wearing a completely age-inappropriate outfit? maybe you were the one who was dressed great and she was trying to look too young for her age.

kovoor36 said...

seriously! i want to see!! and p.s. hahahhahahaa:) and thats laughing with you because im hardly a fashion plate or have any type of style!