Monday, February 22, 2010


I've been looking at old high school pictures tonight...the good ol' days when hair was big, problems were trivial, the sky was the limit, and mix tapes were the ultimate expresson of love. It seems like a lifetime ago and just yesterday all at the same time!

When I think of my high school friends, I still imagine these young faces...and silly laughs. Through Facebook and MySpace, I've been able to see how most of them have grown and changed and now have kids of their own...but it will always be these faces that come to mind when I hear their names or think about them.

It's always shocking to hear the news of someone's death, but when it's someone YOUR age that you grew up with...it makes you stop and realize how fragile life really is. Robin is the girl pictured in the middle of the above collage. I chose this picture because that's the way I remember her...fluffy, blonde hair, happy, youthful, laid back. I've exchanged a few emails with her over the years...and it seemed to me that she didn't change much. She was really happy with life and her children. She was 8 months pregnant with her sixth child...and died of a pulmonary embolism. Unforunately I don't know all the details of her sudden death. But, do know that her baby boy, Cooper survived..and is now in the NICU. Please keep her family in your prayers as they try to deal with this sudden and unexpected loss....especially baby Cooper as he fights for his life with out his mother.

2 comments:

Beverly said...

I will pray for your friend's family and sweet little boy. How bittersweet for them. Your cousin Abe is one of my high school friends, that is how I found your blog a while ago, and I can't imagine my life then or now without him and his friendship. I will pray for you as you deal with the loss of a friend as well.
Bev

kovoor36 said...

im so sorry to hear abt your friend. will be praying for her family and esp for cooper.