Thursday, February 25, 2010

Plugged In...

I've been cell phone-less since Monday afternoon. I couldn't find my charger anywhere. I was at this point where I didn't really want to buy a new charger because I knew that as soon as I did...my old one would pop up. So, I decided to give it a day or two to resurface. Most people have one set location where they plug their charger in and that's exactly where they charge it...every day/night. Not sure why...but this is a daunting task for me. I can't seem to muster up enough strength at the end of the night to plug my phone in and go to bed. Therefore, my phone is either dying or dead half of the time....so I typically talk while charging. I find myself moving my charger around all day...I take it to work to charge, to my mom's, plug it in the living room, sometimes my bedroom, and finally...the kitchen....which is exactly where Matt found it last night.

For two and a half days I've been sorta disconnected....I've missed texts and calls...I've had people calling Matt's phone looking for me...people sending me heated emails asking why i'm not responding to texts. It's nice to know I'm needed and somewhat missed. ;) I think the hardest part has been my drive home. I fall asleep in the car...even if I'm driving...so I typically call someone (usually ccl) while I'm driving home...(I know, I know...Oprah says not to talk and text while driving) It's been so hard to stay awake! I've had to turn up the radio...open my windows and let the freezing cold air in, and/or bring something in the car to drink or munch on to keep me awake!!

Thank God my charger is back...It makes me wonder how I ever survived before I a phone!

5 comments:

Marissa said...

i was gonna say to check the kitchen counter or ammachis's house or maybe under ur bed :) but i c that u found it..

Sue V. said...

Missa, You know me too well ;)

kovoor36 said...

ahahhaa i do the same thing, but i have a million chargers everywhere so i can plug in because if my phone dies, its like a lil piece of me does!

Marissa said...

Yes i do..lol :)

Anonymous said...

I read your blog occasionally and I noticed you said that you talk while charging your cell phone. This is very dangerous as the cell phone can explode while you talk and charge. People have died from doing this. Just a word of caution. By the way, some of your posts are quite hilarious! =)