Tuesday, March 30, 2010

After months of freezing temperatures, blizzards, hazardous road conditions, and wool coats...spring is always a welcomed change. Sometimes I feel like I'm solar-powered because when the sun starts shining, I am definitely more energetic. It's the time of year when I realize my "grizzly bear" tendencies in the winter got way out of hand...because spring/summer clothes don't fit anymore. So, it's time to get active.

I've been taking advantage of the weather and walking with Mousse every day. Yesterday, I decided to help my mom clear out all the dried leaves from her yard. She has six huge trees...not exactly sure she bought a house with so many trees since she hates raking. Luckily Shines let me borrow his brand new Toro Rake and Vac. OMG. That thing was a life saver...and definitely a must have for any homeowner who has trees! At only $50...it's a steal of a deal. (You know you're getting old and boring when you promote a leaf blower on your blog)

Something else I start to think about in the spring is...hilights. My hair naturally turns lighter in the summer, but I like to help it along. =) My friend Nancy once told me that hilights make your hair look like it has more volume...and I'm always trying to boost volume!! Usually, I seek professional help to do this...but this time, I tried to save a buck...or $79...and take on the project myself. I know what you're thinking..."oh no." And, you are correct. I don't know why I do this to myself. Let's just say I have blotches of color at the top of my head...and none really that hilight the whole strand. I haven't quite figured out how to fix the problem. So until I do, I will be finding ways to clip my hair creatively to cover blotches. =/

In other news...I'm headed to Hobby Lobby tonight to look into a cake decorating class. so. exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh no!!!!! but since we're publicly talking about it - pictures please ;)
- j

Anonymous said...

try low lights next time

Marissa said...

Yah i want to see pictures! :)