Wednesday, March 03, 2010

I've been compared to a grizzly bear lately, and I'm beginning to see the
similarities myself. With the weather being cold/gray/gloomy for the past
several weeks....I find myself wanting to stay home and hibernate as much as
possible. My favorite past time is taking siestas on my comfy, red, couch.

Hibernation isn't my only similarity with the great grizzly bear. I'm also
very easily agitated these days. It seems that silliest things totally set
me off....like parmesan cheese. I sent Matt out for ingredients to make
spaghetti the other night. I know, I know...I was asking for trouble.
Everyone knows that most guys aren't the best grocery shoppers...They either
bring home the wrong stuff or don't bring home stuff at all. But, I
carefully explained where each item is located in Walmart. Apparently he
forgot, so he asked a woman where parmesan cheese was. She directed him to
powdered parmesan cheese that sits on a shelf...not real, grated parmesan
cheese that sits in the refrigerated section. I know what you're
thinking..."So, what's wrong with powdered parmesan cheese?" It's wrong on
so many levels:

1. Why is it powdery? The bottle says it's 100% percent parmesan. Can
someone please explain to me how that's possible? How can a chunk of solid
cheese turn into fine powder?

2.Parmesan does have a stank. But the powdery kind has a stench. I find that
it's a cross between sweaty feet and stinky butt. (And no, I haven't smelled either, but some things you just know.) Now, I don't know about you guys...but that's not a scent I want garnishing my food.

3.What kind of cheese is not refrigerated?? I'll tell you what kind...FAKE
POWDER PARMESAN!

As you can tell...I'm quite sensitive and picky about my cheese! I feel
myself getting all worked up again...so I will end here...
But before I go, I leave you with my bargain find for the week:
Polka dot wedges-Ross-$12

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You ask what kind of cheese is powdery. You can also ask what kind of cheese is shredded. When cheese is made its made in blocks then it is shredded. I'm not a cheese expert but I'm sure the powdery one came for the same block as a shredded one

Staicy said...

sue..ur post is soo funny...but sorry poo, i LOOOVE me some powdery parmesan cheese - I actually think it smells like vomit, but i still love it ;)

cookiemonsta said...

those shoes are soo you!