Monday, March 29, 2010

I realized this weekend that Mousse has no earthly idea that she's a dog. Maybe it's because Matt lets her sleep on the bed and lounge on the couch with him while he's watching TV...or maybe it's because I give her human food...or because she rides in the car with us everywhere we go.

Saturday, I puppysat the Mathews' dog, Murphy. He's a little guy and very playful. Mousse is probably 500 times bigger than him, but she's still scared of the pup. He jumps up to lick her face and nips at her legs...just doing things that puppies do. And she freezes in terror. At one point, she went and sat by my front door with a look on her face that said, "Momma, either he goes or I go."

On the other hand, when Nancy brings baby Tessa over, Mousse is fascinated by her. They're almost the same height...and Mousse loves to sniff at Tessa's chicken-nugget scented little fingers. And when Tessa kisses her on the face, Mousse doesn't go into panic mode.

I think it's because she thinks she's a cute, little baby girl like Tessa is!...and I definitely don't have the heart to burst her bubble and tell her the truth. ;)

In other news...We finally started to experience a little spring time weather in OKC yesterday. (I can only hope that it will last and no more blizzards are on the way.) I opened my patio door and let Mousse sun bathe while I rearranged the closet. What is it about spring that makes you want to clean?

No comments: