Monday, March 08, 2010

The Ford Center was piz-acked Friday night....Let's just say that I felt really close to God as I sat in my seat listening to John Mayer. This has more to do with the fact that my seats were way high up...and very little to do with JM having a voice of an angel. ;) I have to admit...my friend NC told me a few weeks ago that she hates going to OKC Thunder games with her hubby because their seats are way high, and she is too scared to walk up there. At the time, I sympathetically said "Really?"..but in my mind, I was thinking..."What a la-hooser." But, I was the lahooser Friday night as I gripped on to the railing, seats, the stranger in front of me to make it up to my seat.
This guy...Michael Franti and the Spearheads were the opening act. They put on a really great show...although I didn't understand a word he was saying. All I could hear from my seat was the booming bass...I didn't know any of the guy's songs, he was too far away to read his lips, and he is a Reggae artist...so they're a lil' hard to understand anyway. But I did thoroughly enjoy his dancing. There's just something about the way people dance to Reggae Music. The movement is so free and fluid...not something I could achieve even if I tried (which I won't). =) Now, for my review of JM. He has a tendency to open his mouth and say the most ridiculous things...but the dude, is an amazing singer. I know women go mad for him, but when he performs, he has the weirdest expressions. And his ears are a little oversized. However, I will admit to swooning just a tad when he sang my favorite song "Gravity" and wore an OKC Thunder jersey. He won some cool points with me at that moment.
Other than that, I spent the weekend planning the coolest party of my party planning career. Yes, I say that every time I plan a party...but this time...I think I mean it. I will post pictures on my other site soon. I did a bit of thinking this weekend...I was about to pull the plug on this blog in order to concentate more on the other one. But, I kept thinking about all the history I have here...and about the useless information I share with the blogosphere...and I realized I'd miss it even though I neglect it. I decided I have to spend more time and energy on my other site if I really want it to fly...the next day, I stumbled upon a book at BN about marketing hand-made products. I thought my friend DM would be proud of me for not just purchasing it but actually reading it...since he's always encouraging me about being pro-active about pursuing my dreams. =) (Thanks DM). I'm learning about branding, marketing, and pricing....off to a good start, I'd say.

2 comments:

Staicy said...

poo..u cant can this blog!!! it makes my work day sooo much better!!!!

felipe vencedor said...

HI my name is Felipe and I loved your blog gives a force there and visit mine and leave me a comment and visit my ads I'm gonna be happy ... my story is very beautiful and I am proud of my family ... his family is beautiful too .. .. bjos Felipe ...