Thursday, March 18, 2010

"Spa" Birthday party

I'm having a few technical difficulties with my other site, so I thought I'd post pictures from Marissa's surprise "spa" birthday party here. I wracked my brain for a while trying to think of what kind of party to throw for a 12 year old...and I thought this theme would be something she'd really enjoy. So, I made these invites and sent them to a few of her gal pals..



I really wanted to get the girls spa robes as party favors. But, I knew it'd be pricey...luckily, I found these adorable, pink, polka dot robes for a steal of a deal! I think the girls were excited about being able to take them home!

I made decorations that Marissa could use later in her room. So I painted her name in wood blocks, and this hanging decoration is now hanging in front of her bedroom window.

The fondue table...



To keep with the pink and green theme...I even found these little foot massagers to put in the foot spa.

Little girls have really ticklish feet.



I turned their face towels into cupcakes...The face towels came in handy to wipe off their chocolate masks

Hannah enjoying her pedicure

Miriam letting her fingers and toes dry

cupcakes...no party is complete without them.


This cute puppy is the newest addition to the Mathew family...Murphy was being cuddled while his Momma helped me with the party

Finished product...nails courtesy my cousin, Les

Marissa and her friends....

6 comments:

Staicy said...

what a great job sue!! my favorites are the cupcakes (real and fake!) :)

cookiemonsta said...

what an awesome party! the girls must've loved it!

Arif Ammar said...

Happy Family

kids birthday party ideas said...

wow..what a great spy birthday party...
food,music,dance and some kids birthday party games are also necessary to make a birthday party memorable...

Unknown said...

That looks a lovely spa parties for girls.I recently staged an kids spa party and was amazing judging by your party I shouldn't used that word.

Wenni Donna said...

Joyous to know about this spa birthday party. Couple of months ago, I arranged a Karaoke party with my friends at one of lovely venues in Los Angeles. Hired a reputed DJ for this party and had amazing time. It was a memorable event.