Monday, November 05, 2012

I spent the weekend with 2 of my favorite girls...my cuzzies, Lisa & SueTee.  Sadly, it's been  2 years or so since I've last seen them...so it was a much needed, but extremely short visit.  SueTee was kind enough to score us some tickets to the very first home game of the Houston Rockets.  It was slightly weird to see Houston fans with beards cheering James Hardin on.  And although the Rockets lost...It's always fun to watch an NBA game...especially with these two.
Before the game, we had dinner at a fancy new burger and crepe joint called Guru.  Lisa and I had left early morning and had skipped lunch, so we were starving.  A nice juicy burger and fries were exactly what both of us needed.
I decided to order a "shroom burger."  On the menu, it was described as a burger with portabella mushroom, sauteed onions and peppers and swiss cheese.  I took my first bite, and wasn't highly impressed.  I was shocked because Lisa kept saying her burger was amazing.  And I totally wondered why mine wasn't.  I took the bun off, and added some salt...hoping that would do the trick.  I cut my burger in half and ate one half.  Then, I cut the other half in half...and after I did that, I took the bun off again because I noticed something was missing....MEAT!  Yes, I ate half of my shroom burger before I realized that it was made entirely of a portabella mushroom without any meat!  Who woulda thunk it?  I totally was expecting a mushroom burger with a meat pattie...not a portabella pattie!  Sooooo disappointing.  My cousins couldn't stop laughing because they knew that the shroom had no meat and thought I was just making a healthy choice. 
I don't know what was more bewildering...how my cousins who've known me my whole life could possibly think I'd order a vegetarian burger or how my mushroom burger had no meat!

No comments: