Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

Typically Thanksgivings are spent in Okc...and they're pretty quiet...because we don't have a lot of family here.  But this year, one of my cousins in Dallas invited us to his brand new house, which sits on a few acres of beautiful land....to enjoy Thanksgiving with the whole family clan. 

I wasn't sure how this trip would go...First off, driving in the car with 6 people didn't sound like an amazing way to spend 3.5 hours.  Secondly...I knew my cousins in my age range wouldn't be there...and I am just not used to being at family functions with out them.  Usually it's the other way around.  Thirdly, driving back the same day with 6 people who just filled themselves up with turkey and pies..didn't sound like an amazing way to spend 3.5 hours either.


And so I was right about a few things...the drive there and back was slightly on the hellish side.  But the time spent with my family was awesome.  I got to really sit down and talk to my aunts, my uncles, my cousins, and nieces and nephew.  And...I'm thankful for each and every one  of them...
My beautiful nieces and cousins...
 
It was just me and these guys for Thanksgiving this year...
 
The trip was definitely worth being packed like sardines...although I definitely missed my cousins in my age range and my sister...
I'm thankful for a lot of things Thanksgiving...but maily for God's grace....because without it...there would be nothing else to speak of.
Happy Thanksgiving, blogosphere!

No comments: