Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Productivity...

I'm pretty determined to stay productive and God knows I have puhlenty to keep me busy for 5 weeks...i.e., the craft room.  I gotta be honest as soon as I got home I peeked my head in there hoping some of my awesome friends decided to organize it for me while I was gone....but clearly it's a task that no one wants to take on...not even awesome friends!! 

However, today was not the day to deal with the abyss. Instead I decided to go to Hobby Lobby. It's been two months, people!! I was having serious withdrawals!! And I had to make sure the store wasnt rearranged! My friends count on me to be able to tell them what aisle and sometimes what shelf certain things are located! I can't let them down. Good news, nothing has changed! Florals were 50% off so I used the opportunity to get some flowers for the planter box CCLs son Ethan made for me. I'm definitely not a very good floral arranger so after several failed attempts, I came up with this!
I also had a few special visitors who kept me company this evening. My coworker and friend Savanna came by with a large box full of the sweetest gifts and cards from my team at Paycom. I was pretty overwhelmed with all the thought, effort, and creativity they all put into it.  As most of you have figured out I love giving people nicknames!! This is probably because I have had so many given to me throughout my lifetime...some sweet and cute...others not so much!!  In turn, I've created lots of nicknames for people...but most people don't ever even know it. 

"Snuggles" is one of my coworkers who recently found out her name I have given her.  I dubbed her snuggles after the cute cuddly fabric softener teddy bear because she always smells like fresh scented laundry. If my back is turned and she walks into my area I know she's there because of her fresh, clean scent!! I have often found myself trying to scoot closer to her just to get a better sniff!!! So when everyone was bringing things to put into my box, Snuggles approached Savanna and asked her for suggestions! Sav let the cat out of the bag, told her that I secretly call her Snuggles, and suggested that she launder something so I can enjoy the smell!!! 

If you didn't think I was weird before reading this post...I'm sure you do now!! Anyway, because Snuggles totally rocks...she took Sav's suggestion and complied to my weirdness! She got me this amazing pillowcase and laundered it like only Snuggles can!! It matches my bed sheets perfectly!  How did Snuggles know my room is shades of brown?? And even more importantly...it smells just like Snuggles!!!....so fresh and so clean,clean! 
Do you guys think Snuggles will find it weird if I send the pillowcase back to her to launder once the scent wears away???



 



 

No comments: