Monday, April 11, 2016

Weekend in Review- Hello OKC!

Well, we survived the 8 hour drive from Houston...with just a few hiccups and throw ups.  And no, it wasn't the cancer patient who threw up it was the driver who refused to heed my warnings and insisted on eating curly fries.  I got to my mom's house around 11:30 pm  on Saturday night and was greeted by my faithful, bestie!  Everyone asks me what Mousse's reaction was.  She jumped on me and wagged her tail, but in a very gentle way.  Almost like she was thinking, "You're still alive?!?!?!  And you came back for me?!? "  The rest of the night she proceeded to do what she does best...STARE at me!

Sunday morning, my mom, Mousse and I embarked on the three minute journey to my house, so she could help me unload the car.  I walked in to the scent of lilies, and turned around to see this on my dining room table...
The dynamic duo--Htown and Chocolate Chip had left me a sweet surprise!

I spent the rest of the day unpacking and visiting with my family.  And,  got to reunite with the girls!  It's hard to believe I've been away for two months because things have just gone right back to normal!
Reunited and it feels so good!  After a grocery shopping excursion I noticed we were all three carrying the same purse in different colors!  I thought it was kind of symbolic of the three of us.. we're all in various places and stages in life but still have so much in common!!
So, now that I'm back everyone is asking me what my plans are.  I'm pretty sure five weeks will fly by and before you know it, it'll be time to go back to Houston.  So, I'm going to use my time wisely!  The doctor told me to walk twice a day (which Mousse is ecstatic about!) and eat lots of protein to help with recovery, I have some projects I'd like to work on here at the house, definitely have lots of people to see and spend time with, and I'm especially looking forward to Punu is visiting in T-Minus 12 days!! (no that's not a real name...for some reason Sunu and I have replaced the S's in our names with P's and I call her Punu and she calls me Poo.  I think the replacement P works better for her!!)

I'm so happy to be home.  I honestly feel better already.  And in case it's not obvious, I love my Moussey girl so much and I'm so happy to be home with her again!!!
Someone doesn't know it...but I'm about to call the mobile groomers.  



No comments: