Monday, April 04, 2016

Ringing that bell...


Well guys, today was my last day of treatment!  I'm not sure why, but it was really pretty emotional for me.  I sobbed all the way there and all the way back.  Tears of joy?  Possibly.  I don't think I could have handled even one more day of radiation.   I think I'm just so ready to be done with the entire journey, and I'm so relieved to be one step closer to the end of it.  I got to ring the bell which signifies the last day of treatment.  It was such a great feeling..and probably one of the hi lights of my life.  I know it's just a little bell...but radiation has been one of the hardest experiences that I've gone through thus far.

I still don't feel well, but I'm trying to push myself a little bit and move past it.  Five more days of Houston, and I don't want to spend those days in my bed.  I want to be able to enjoy my time away from MDA and say my see ya laters!  Sunday, I accomplished everything I set out to do...A & her crew took me to the kite festival and took me to pick up some cuppycakes for the radiation team!  They loved them, by the way.  I've never seen the valet guys smile before...I mean, I wouldn't smile if I was up at 7 am parking cars either....but when I handed them a box of cuppycakes...they were all smiling!  It was pretty adorable.  This just goes to show...cupcakes make the world go round!!

A & her handsome boy, Milo
Can we take a second to talk about my hair?  I'm so happy that it's growing back!!  And dare I say...growing back straight?!?!?!?!?  I'm trying not to get too excited about it just yet...considering it's only half an inch long!
KITES!

No comments: