Sunday, May 01, 2016

Can't stop...won't stop weekend...


Forgive me for quoting Miley Cyrus.  Trust me, it won't happen often on this blog...but that's just the only way I can describe this weekend.
By the way, how do you like my bitmoji's new summer outfit?  It's definitely something I probably have in my closet...except I'd wear a cardigan!
Saturday was pretty action packed.  I didn't think I'd get to participate in all the festivities planned for the day because I woke up to a case of the dry heaves.  But, I pretty much willed myself to get over it and have a great day with my friends.  My gal pal Sheb came to see Punu, her childhood bestie...oh, and me, of course.  We spent most of the day with my 2nd family...BF & Punu's cousins...and then I planned a little GNO for the evening...replete with a little coke and paint and a crab boil!  I was so exhausted by the end of the night that I pulled up a chair to my stove and sat to cook, but in the end, it was all worth it!  
I can't stop staring at mine and Sheryl's face swap.  I hate face swaps...they're typically scary but this one is friggin' hilarious to me.  Sheryl looks just like her son Ezra...except chubby...and I don't know who or what I look like, but I kinda like the look!  Times spent with this crazy clan is always time well spent!!
Ok, so our paintings sucked...correction, mine and Sheba's weren't quite pleasant to look at.  Pablo Picasso, err, I mean Sunu rather painstakinly painted hers to perfection.  I mean, she didn't crack a smile and believe me, I sat in between them and was providing a lot of comedic relief...which Sheba greatly enjoyed.  But Punu was in the zone...She didn't laugh.  She didn't talk.  And there were moments that I'm pretty sure she was holding her breath. I can't bear to throw away my painting...so it will be hanging in the garage for all to see.

There's a few things in this world that I absolutely love....
1.  I love having people in my house.  The more...the merrier, I say.
2.  I love feeding said people
3.  I love crab
The crab boil was a huge hit.  I'm pretty positive I enjoyed it the most.  Crab, shrimp, corn, andouille sausage and red lobster biscuits...what's not to love?  Oh and let's not forget water cocktail...water+cran-pomegranite juice.

Last but not least...today was a very special day...my nephew, Aaron graduated from the University of Florida!  Unfortunately, I couldn't make it to gator territory to celebrate his awesome accomplishments, so I want to take a few minutes to brag on him now.  I've been so proud of this kid from the minute he was born.  He's grown into such a hard-working, dedicated, driven, responsible, respectful, loving young man!  I know the sky's the limit for him, and I can't wait to see all the amazing things he's going to accomplish in his life!  He's been so busy with school and work, I haven't gotten to spend much time with him since our Greece Extravaganza...but, his mom told me they are coming to see me for a few days before my surgery!! (which has been scheduled, btw...May 27th)  I stole one of his grad pics from FB because I'm a creeper and an annoying aunt like that...



1 comment:

shebamm said...

It was such a fun weekend Suey! You definitely didnt stop!! :) Congrats to Aaron!