Wednesday, May 04, 2016

Paint your art out...

I've been feeling extreme level crappy the past two days.  I've been refusing to call Dr. H because I figured...what's he gonna say?  You have cancer?  But today, I just couldn't take the pain...and I broke down and called him.  I have an appointment scheduled with him in a few days.  I can feel that the tumor is really ulcerated now.  Everything affects it....spicy, cold, hot...it's always miserable and so am I!!!   The result of this pain has been me lying around a lot, but Htown and I had scheduled this "paint your pet" night weeks ago and I sure as heck didn't want to miss the opportunity to paint a beautiful picture of my Moussey girl.  So, I toughed it up and sat through the 3 hour class.

I felt like I was off to a bad start when the ladies sitting near us started talking about their husbands/sisters who had cancer, went to MDA for treatment, and died.  I figured it was going to be a very long night!  But, then one of the instructors sat down to help me and pretty much never got up.  Jay was so talented and highly entertaining...  It's like I have a neon sign above my head that says..."My name is Sue.  Please push my buttons and harass me."...because that's exactly what he did.  We pretty much became buddies within a matter of minutes...I think I might have convinced him to build me a pergola in my backyard too!!  I have to admit that he basically painted 90% of my painting.  I wish I could take more credit...but I only painted the handkerchief, background and 1/4 of her face.  Jay did the rest and called me a lazy painter pretty much all night.  Christine on the other hand, is a natural...a Pablo Picasso of sorts.  She did all of hers and Jay just added a few finishing touches.  I think they both turned out fantastical!!  I came home and showed Moussey and she had the same expression as she did in her painting.  "Who cares? Where's my biscuit?"  I can't wait to hang the painting up!  If you're in the NW OKC/ Edmond area I strongly suggest Paint Your Art Out...the instructors are so much fun and super helpful and the paintings are phenomenal!



In other news...snocones seem to be a pretty good medication for the pain situation...so I've created a special "pain relief fund" in my car console especially for my visits to Aloha Ice.








No comments: