Wednesday, May 04, 2005

In the midst of a legend...

I remember when I first moved to Oklahoma, Barry Switzer was the head football coach at OU. And a few years later, he had moved up to the NFL. My brother was/is/forever will be a huge Dallas Cowboy fan. He had posters of Switzer and scantily dressed "cowgirls" all over his room. I never understood/will understand football, so the Sooners/Cowboy craze is just beyond me.

However, I was kicking myself in the shin for forgetting my camera when Barry Switzer came to my desk this morning and introduced himself. "Hi, I'm Barry Switzer." I was star struck. It was THE legend himself...talking to me...asking me for kleenex...ME!! My co-workers were just as mezmorized. "I feel like I'm walking on Holy ground!" one exclaimed.

I've worked at AF for 6 years, and to this day my brother thinks I work at Eckerd Drugs. (I worked there in college.) Actually maybe he assumes I work at a bank since I don't wear the Eckerd uniform anymore. God knows he thinks I'm too stupid to actually get promoted to store management. Regardless, he has no clue I work at AF or what AF stands for....so a part of me wishes I had my camera, so I could have taken Barry's pic (we're on first name basis after I lent him Kleenex) , so I could show my brother. Maybe...just maybe he would have been slightly impressed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ahhh...the great switzer...the pre-stoops...the post-wilkinson...

*rolling my eyes*

you should've used the kleenex and THEN given it to him

LOL ;) i'm such a hata