Friday, July 11, 2008

The Great Depression...

I walked into the grocery store the other day and was horrified to see that the gallon of milk I needed was nearly five bucks. I left...with out it. Is it just me...or are the sky rocketing prices of gas, food,...and everything else for that matter... making the rest of you greatly depressed? Right about now, the one thing I'm grateful for is my car purchase last year. Thank God for imparting a bit of wisdom on me....that I would select a fuel efficient car instead of a guzzler. Seriously...if I didn't have my Fit, I would have a fit every time I pumped gas! (No pun intended)

I don't know how people are surviving these days. Everything's going up...other than salaries, of course. It never ceases to amaze me that people do still survive...and they do still shop till they drop. For instance, a few months ago, SueTee took me and CCL to a Coach outlet. I looked around the store and saw women swarming with coaches in all shapes and sizes and random colors in their hands. I stood in line with a patent leather, wristlet that Sue found for me at a steal of a deal for only $30. The lady in front of me had a bright green and white purse (which I thought was not a very practical buy considering it wouldn't match much) that was big enough to carry my dog, a coach scarf, a coach umbrella, and a coach key chain. At that moment I thought to myself...am I the only person affected by this recession?!?

However, I know I'm not because I hear people complain about it every day...at work, at the gas station, at the produce department of grocery stores. I guess what goes up must come down...and right now, we're just on a downward slope. We've just gotta hold on for dear life, and hope "up" comes around soooooooooooon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking about riding my bicycle to work to save on Gas!

-Fellow Recession Affected Person

kovoor36 said...

its kinda freaky/scary to think we are heading into times we learned abt in history classes:/