Thursday, July 17, 2008

Irony...

So, I've been noticing a few ironic things in my day to day life....1. I've moved to sunny, florida....yet, it rains every day!! It's usually bright and sunny throughout the day...you know, while I'm at work and unable to enjoy it! But as soon as 6 pm hits, the rain pours. (Just in time for me to sail home through traffic). 2. Florida has a very large population of Hispanics....yet the one thing I have not eaten so far is Mexican food...not even good Mexcian fast food! (Oh, Taco Bueno, how I miss thee) I'm sure there are quite a bit of authentic Spanish restaurants, but I can't stomach that. It has a little something to do with my missions trip to Mexico in 04, in which I encountered some really bad chicken mole...(pronounced molay)..wait. is it spelled molay? oh, who knows...anyway, what I'm in search of is some good ol' tex mex. sigh. the search continues. 3. Matt and I both work for a vacation club, but we can't afford to take a vacation! ha! I guess our move will be considered our vacation this year. Maybe in 09 we'll have some potential traveling possibilities. One can hope. Speaking of hope, I hope my friend Matty keeps up with his latest attempt with blogging! Check him out and welcome him back!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Life in fl is one big vacation, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

florida has had a drought for awhile now because there was no rain and everything was dying but now its raining all day everyday! especially since its summer..it'll be over sooner or later..check out tijuana flatts! most amazinggggggggggg food and taco bell through the drive thru is always great! depends what part of town you live..miami has good random cuban places too=)

kovoor36 said...

what is a vacation club??