Monday, July 25, 2005

Getting organized...

Never have I had a more uneventful weekend. Although I did absolutely NOTHING fun or exciting, I got a lot of work done. My living space has been a complete wreck, which is usually the case after a wedding/party in which I am asked to "craft-up" something. Since the wedding festivites are over, and I am back from vacation, I could no longer avoid the mess that I call my room. There was a layer of glitter dust on my desk, bed, floor,etc, remnants of tulle all over the floor, hot glue stuck to my bed sheets and beads EVERYWHERE. In the mornings I'd step on the glue gun to get to my door, walk into the bathroom inspect myself in the mirror...only to find glitter in my hair and on my face...walk back to the room to get ready only to find hot glue stuck on my favorite black shirt. That's when I decided enough was enough!!

So Saturday, I devoted the day to organization. I have 4 parties scheduled to plan and must begin to learn how to do these things and remain organized. Or else, my business will be in ruins before it even begins! My room is currently immaculate, and I can only pray that this cleanliness lasts.

This week proves to be promising. Mondays are usually from hell, but this one started off well because I'm actually wearing pants that fit. These days, my pants are all baggy. I don't mind wearing baggy pants because they're more comfy, but it's slightly embarrassing when my co-workers point out how they baggy they are. I'd like to chalk this up to the weight loss, but I naturally have skinny legs and NO ASS...so things are baggy regardless. What makes it worse is that every pair of pants I own are way too long. Finally, I found a store that has my size. Ann Taylor. However, it's a bit pricey and will only be able to shop once a year when I go to Florida and shop the outlet. Their petite size is perfect for me. Grant it, I still have to wear 3 inch heels for it to fit perfectly right. but, atleast I don't have to cut six inches off. It sucks to be short. Wednesday, I'm off to a cooking class where I will be learning how to make hours d'vours. (Sp) This will be the perfect thing for me considering my new business endeavor. Yeah! Friday, yours truly will be going to the Reggae Fest. I love reggae music, so this I'm quite excited. I shall have pics on the flog for your viewing pleasure!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad to hear you are all organized..and i love ann taylor too, Sue- they have great clothes for work! Except I hit up Ann Taylor Loft, which is their cheaper store (woohoo!)..but it still carries good quality clothes. I just bought some pants the other day for 40 bucks because they are having their 40% Summer Clearance online. Make sure you go check it out!!

Anonymous said...

REGGAE FEST.. how fuN!! i like shaking my booty to reggae =)

Are you charging these people for planning their parties? I hope so!

Do you have "party planner name"?

How about Social butterfly? :)

happy roy said...

i think you need a separate room for all the crafts and party-planning. that way you can sleep and relax in a room devoid of all the clutter and mess.

lisa's right, ann taylor's sale is pretty sweet. if you know your size, order online! lucky you w/ your skinny legs and no ass. i wish i could complain about that!