Tuesday, July 19, 2005

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, SHEPPY AND BEENA


happy 15th anniversary to my sister and brother-in-law. i can't believe the geezers have been married for 15 years! i still remember it like it was y'day. i was a bit concerned when i first met sheppy. first of all, what a strange name...but, then i realized his full name was shepherd, and something about that seemed kinda cool. then there was his moustache. i told my sister it wasn't THAT bad...but i had my fingers crossed behind my back. typically, the thick moustache is the identifying factor of a true fob. little did i know, that this wasn't the case for my future brother-in-law. somehow, my sister had managed to go to india and marry a guy LESS fobby than her. yes...LESS fobby than a girl who was raised in the u.s. since age 2. infact, he doesn't possess an ounce of fobbiness, so i worried for no reason.

their wedding day...to say my sister was having a bad hair day, is an understatement. this is the girl who did her bangs over and over and over again until she reached ultimate perfection. I mean, each strand of her bangs had to be curled to perfection in order to form an immaculate wing on the top of her head. this wasn't an option in india where the humidity made the air so thick u could slice it. the lack of "hair perfection" set a scowl on her face that was captured in pictures that everyone can look back upon today. by the look of her scowl...i knew it was best to "shumymow" (shut my mouth) and shut it tight because i was liable to have my head snatched from my neck by her jaws if I uttered one annoying comment. So, i sat in the back seat of the ambassador and prayed that it would stop raining, so her hair condition wouldn't worsen.

Luckily the rain stopped by the time we pulled up to the church, they got married, and 15 years later they are still happily married with an amazing son. today they are celebrating their anniversary in montreal...and she doesn't know this, but she's getting a diamond ring!!! She only got a band for her wedding, so my brother-in-law bought her this amazing, phat, diamond!! I hope she loves it and enjoys her day!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

sue- you seriously crack me up so much...i love your blog. a very happy anniversary to your sister and bro-in law!!

Anonymous said...

i totally thought that was a pic from a malayalam movie at first!

Anonymous said...

LOL niki! so did i!!! =D

Anonymous said...

ya nik, i thought it was from a malayalam movie too. in that pic your b-i-l look like this one actor...gosh i can't even think of the name now. and yes, i'm a FOB.:)