Thursday, July 21, 2005

I don't think I can dance...I know I can't!

I have found my new favorite show on TV. "So you think you can dance" was on Fox last night. I know it's supposed to be the dance version of American Idol, but the "chief judge" is not half as mean as Simon. I love the show that opens the season because you get to see all the crazies that tried out. One guy was about 200 pounds, but man, could he make that fat move. Another guy was like 500 pounds and dude could barely breathe much less move. I had to give it up for the fat boy with the moves...cuz I couldn't kick my leg up half as high as that brother did. And over all, I'm much too self conscious to shake my thang...correction thangs. There were also some majorly HOT street dancers representing NYC! At one point I was so in awe of their fineness that I let out my gettho supasta yelp "NYC, bay-bee!" My mom scowled...and it was one of those moments when I stopped and thought..."oops...am i actually awake?!"

I think I love this show because dancing is one thing I can NOT do...but i love to watch people do it. It's so interesting to me that people are so uninhibited and coordinated. I can feel a beat...but that's about it. My famous dance move is "the nod." this is a very difficult move, so try to follow along. the no is done when you sit in a chair clutching on to your friends purses, keys, wallets, and cigarettes...fold your arms across your chest, and nod to the beat. oh yah...i got that move down. i also got the "scoop the peanut butter" move down. this is something that the belly dancer taught us at my friend sheryl's bachelorette party. it's supposed to be some seductive move of the fingers that coincides with the seductive move of the hip. i got the move down...however, i'm missing the seduction aspect. instead it looks like i'm having a innerfatgirl relapse and i'm walking around scooping imaginary peanutbutter. she also taught "scoop the icecream with your boobs." err, yah...that's one i have no intention of learning.

Secretly, I want to learn how to dance. I've tried Sheryl's motto of "You can do it, put yo back into it." But, it just doesn't work. I'm worse than Carleton from Fresh Prince. What usually happens when I go out is that a group of guys (typically the morons that I know...of course it wouldn't FINE, NEW guys) will circle around me and dance all freaky and embarrass the beejeezus outta me. I will then call it a night and split the scene...looking flushed.

Perhaps the show will teach me a few moves, which i can practice in the privacy of my closet. Then when I go to NYC for my weight loss celebration weekend, I can go out and actually get jiggy with it like everyone else!! =/

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha i saw part of that show last nite sue. it's fun to watch ppl dance and if i'm ever around you dancing i'd prob just get crazy and make you dance:) oh and btw who said carlton isnt a good dancer? i do his moves!:)

happy roy said...

yeah, i think carlton was actually a talented dancer, even tho his moves just made me cringe. he was actually played a young michael jackson in some commercials or something b/c of his uncanny ability to dance like wacko jacko.

i had to laugh at some of the people from the show, esp. that guy who thought he could rap. the smaller of the 2 fat guys definitely held it down tho. good for him!

S said...

I love the carlton - I do it in my living room when no one's watching. Actually, I don't do the carlton, I just like to make the crazed carlton grin that carlton makes while doing the carlton.

Just blog surfing - saw that show last night too - man, that fat guy could move. No idea how you "scoop the icecream with your boobs" but as I'm an A-cup, I don't think I have the necessary equipment to try anyway. :)