Wednesday, December 14, 2005

I figured I'd better post...it's been a while. I made my first batch of fudge last night. Oh my God...forget gold...I bet the streets of heaven are paved with fudge! I was watching Charlie and the Chocolate Factory the other night, and I thought to myself that if heaven looked like that, I might work extra hard to get there. I know, I'm horrible!

Work has been entertaining as of late. Don't get me wrong, I still hate it. But funny things have been happening around here. For instance, yesterday we had a meeting about the dress code. Apparently anyone who works in the executive offices must wear suits or professional dress 6 days a week. Considering, I don't own a suit and would look like a retard if I did, this proposes a problem. Some of the girls got in a tizzy about this. And said that the men never wear jackets...they take them off. So, they said, they'll just keep a suit jacket on their chair (regardless if it matches)..if that what it takes to comply with dress code. I am wearing a jean jacket today. I am highly doubtful that this qualifies with the "jacket" attire they were suggesting. Anyway, alllllllll this to say...one of the lawyers was kind of arguing the point. He leaned back in chair and was giving us all the differentiation between business attire and casual attire and the entire time his fly was open. I couldn't look at him in fear of DYING laughing.

Another funny incident occurred when I was riding in the elevator with this woman. Her hair looked like she got it cut with highlights, so I complemented her. She said, "thanks it's a wig." I didn't know what to say in response. 2 minutes later the door opened and she walked out and I still hadn't said anything. On the way up to my floor, I wondered why in the hellz people give out such information like that. Why wouldn't one just say thank you and move on with their lives?

Ahh well, it makes for some entertainment for me.

3 comments:

happy roy said...

i don't know how you kept a straight face, sue!

kovoor36 said...

its a wig???? my jaw would have been on the floor!!

Anonymous said...

i would've jus been like "yeah, thanks for sharing."