Tuesday, December 27, 2005

The parking lot looked sparce this morning. I'm quite sure the majority of my colleagues were home nestled under warm covers smiling in their sleep because they don't have to go to work all week! I, on the other hand, was pressing snooze profusely until I had no choice but to get up and get ready else be late for work. It seems a bit hard to accept that Christams has come and gone. All that planning, buying, wrapping...and the day ends so quickly!

This weekend will also come and go in a blur. Friday night the cousins will start coming in from far and near to pay us Oklahomans a visit! I'm looking forward to it. I'm also looking forward the removal of all things sweet from this office, so I can return to my calorie counting!! As I sit and munch on cinnamon gummy Santas I think about all the weight I've gained through the holidays and shudder to think how painful it's going to be to get back on track!!

I had an interesting experience this weekend, which has led to several interesting discussions about love. I think everything changes when you get older....your expectations, your wants and needs, and your reactions. I'm not sure if everyone agrees with me. But ten years ago, I was looking for butterflies and romance. The chase and the game were fun and challenging and bad boys definitely piqued my interest. Nowadays, it's totally different. I don't have time to chase or play games...romance and flowery words/gestures aren't as important as COMMITMENT, loyalty, trust. I never really realized how age changes thing...not just your appearance, but your outlook, needs, opinions, etc.

2 comments:

kovoor36 said...

oh man, am i happy that the season eatings is almost over!!! i just feel i have gained weight, though nothing is majorly tighter or anything, i jus tfeel disgusted in myself how much i have let go of my diet!! and its true, when you are younger you have almost fantasies of a white knight and as you get older you realize what is more important and which fantasies should be let go... if you are lucky, you can get to keep some of those fantasies;)

DM said...

Age changes things...aint that the truth??