Friday, December 23, 2005

On the Eve of Christmas Eve...

Here we are on the Eve of Christmas Eve....It's been the longest week EVER and I'm quite sure today will be a long day. My heart bleeds for those of you who are anxiously wishing away the hours at work today. I feel your pain. I've noticed that flogs and blogs have been kinda scarce lately. I know that I haven't posted in days...people seem a little blue. Isn't that odd? It's supposed to be the happiest/peaceful month of the year. But, so many people lack the happiness and peace that should be abundantly overflowing from our pores right about now.

I'm not sure what it is about December. For me, it's the time I look back at the year, and see how far I've progressed. Since I'm my own worst enemy...I typically look at how LITTLE I progressed. I think I'm just too tired to hope and dream for next year...to vow that things will be different...that things will take a turn and start happening. This year, I have decided to kinda let go and let God.

Don't get me wrong...I'm not giving up. I'm still going to search through job ads, pray profusely...but i'm not going to beat myself up...i'm not going to get depressed...i'm not going to spend countless hours hoping and wishing...i'm just going to do the best I can at what I'm doing now, and trust that God will open doors for as He sees fit.

2 comments:

kovoor36 said...

im sure you have done alot more thna you are giving yourself credit for, but that is just human nature! here is looking to a happier, healthier and brighter 06!!:)

happy roy said...

i guess everyone generally gets down at this time of year b/c it reminds of us of what we haven't accomplished, how far behind we are where we thought we'd be; i think we even get a little weary knowing there's a whole new year ahead of us to live to the fullest. obviously this december was wonderful for me, but i decided even before then that i wasn't going to be down this december. i have nothing terrible going on in my life and as such i'm going to try to focus on the peace and love and joy we're supposed to feel during this time.

btw, don't get discourage about the job thing. just keep applying and plugging along b/c one of these days, a door will open for you. george has been in this state for nearly 3 years (5 if you count that he went off to get his masters in engineering after the last job he liked) and still has yet to find what he's looking for. i tell him the same thing i'm telling you, just keep praying about it b/c there has to be a reason you haven't found a new job yet.