Tuesday, October 16, 2007

oh the injustice!

I know I'm moving out in a few weeks...and I really shouldn't complain about the apartments when I don't have very much longer to put up with them...But, I'm going to complain anyway! I've totally had it. It's one thing putting up with insane neighbors...


*like exconvict, who sports Paris Hilton glasses and an acid washed handbag...and totes around a pestering poodle that has little dog syndrome.


* like mr. obsessive compulsive who stands at his car for 10 minutes checking to see if the front door is locked, back door is locked, front door is locked, back door is locked, front door is locked, back door is locked....etc


*like "Gary Jerry George," who has nothing in his apartment except plastic crates, and walks in twice a day with 2 briefcases and walks out precisely half an hour later.


I can actually deal with them...it's management I can't deal with! So, nevermind the fact that there is trash strewn on the lawns...and that if something is broken, it'll never get fixed...Today...they pushed me to my limit.


It started last night when Matt and I were doing laundry. We noticed the new sign on the door..."Laundry closes at 10 pm and re-opens at 8 am" I didn't think I'd have a problem with this new time schedule...But, I also didn't know that about an hour later, my husband would cram two loads of wash into ONE dryer. So there we were, at 9:45...half of the clothes were still wet. I was okay with that. I figured it could dry overnight, and I'd pick it up in the morning before work. Suddenly "bluff creek laundry patrol" shows up, telling me to hurry cuz it was 5 minutes until 10. Really? how's that possible when I just checked and saw. ...9:45. I turned to Matt and made my hand signal for "gimme change." He stuck his hand into his empty pocket and then told me he left it at home. *GREAT* Instead of offering to let him go run and get it, the Bluff Creek Patrol came up with another brilliant suggestion..."why don't you lay your clothes on the floor at home and let it dry." Wow...what a genious idea to lay my CLEAN clothes on the floor to dry. I was beyond irked at this point...and opted to leave my half-dry clothes...wet in the dryer over night. At 8:15 am...I hurried to the laundry with 75 cents in hand to dry my clothes. The door to the room was LOCKED. At 8:30 am...the door was LOCKED again! So, now i'm ticked...why post a sign with times and then not open or close them at the right time?!? whyyyyyyy?

*breathe...inhale...exhale*

No comments: