Saturday, January 16, 2016

Broadening my horizons...


Avacado Smoothie & Sesame balls filled with red bean paste
Since I've been feeling better, H-town thought I should venture out today.   Like out past my 5 mile radius. She suggested we go to the Asian district for boba smoothies!  Avocado smoothies are my absolute favorite, so I couldn't say no!  Then she suggested that since we're on that side of town, maybe we should wig shop.  I thought it wouldn't hurt to LOOK...just LOOK. There were tons of wigs...some utterly ridiculous and some not so bad.  I tried to show the shop owner my original hair to see if there was a close match.  There wasn't.  I never realized how much I loved my hair back when I had it and was complaining about how curly and thin I thought it was.  **sigh**  I learned a lot about synthetic hair vs. real hair wigs.  And why lace front wigs blend into the natural hair line.  It was a lot of information for me to take in.  I tried on a few...and I felt weird and sad that I was even having to try them on.  The girls liked one on me...but I vehemently disagreed. The owner told H-town and Chocolate Chip that he didn't think I would find one that I liked because I didn't seem like I was ready for it.  And he was right...I'm so not.  He assured me that if I changed my mind, he'd remember me and the wig that they liked for me.  I have quite the slouchy beanie  and handkerchief collection now but I guess I wanted a wig just in case.   I haven't found the perfect wig for me...and when I do, I'm pretty sure I'll just know.  But for now, the search continues...To cheer me up, we had two of my favorite things from Cafe Oasis...An avocado smoothie and sesame balls.

The rest of the evening was spent in my craft room.  The girls felt the need to start cleaning it...and I very hesitantly agreed.  To say it's scary in there is a major understatement.  It's really pretty unreal how much junk...err...I mean craft supplies I have in there! Everything from party hats to 6 pounds of bath salts...It's just nuts and hard to contain in one room.  After spending at least two hours in it...they managed to get it about 40% cleaned and 0% organized.  After a certain point...the clutter in there brought out the crazy in all of us!  There's still so much to do, but it's nice to see the carpet again!

2 comments:

shebamm said...

Yay to your dream team! 😊

ansley said...

Can't wait to see the finished product!