Saturday, January 09, 2016

Round 2...Chemo Won

This is the first day in a long time that I've been up to writing a blog post....I haven't been able to sit up for an extended period of time, much less think and formulate sentences that make sense.  This 2nd round of chemo hit me so hard and knocked me off my feet....literally.  It lasted past the 5 estimated days...and IV hydration didn't help either.   I've been nauseated, and although I have been able to eat a bit and keep it down, I've been dry-heaving relentlessly.  I haven't spent much time out of my bedroom since the 1st...and haven't left the house other than to go see Dr. H.  I'm usually someone who goes stir crazy sitting at home and I'm looking for any reason to get out and about.  But, leaving the house has felt like an exhausting chore.

It's been a tough start to the year.  It seems like all I've been hearing is sad/bad news...so many people are suffering with illnesses...friends and family who are young and would otherwise seem healthy.  I've heard many people say that 2016 is going to be a tough year.  I feel that way too.  Regardless of my health issues...the world just seems to be getting scarier and darker year after year.  I don't mean to be discouraging...On the contrary, I think that no matter how bleak and hopeless things may appear...we should find and hold on to our faith in the midst of it all...because it is the light that will lead us through the darkness.

I felt better today...and hope that tomorrow will be even better. I had some special visitors this afternoon...my uncles and aunts from Texas.  It always makes me happy when my family comes to see me and spends time with me in prayer.  My aunt asked us to read Psalms 34...the whole chapter really touched my heart, but I thought I would share a few verses:

"The righteous cry, and the Lord heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles. The Lord is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit. Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the Lord delivereth him out of them all."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Stay Strong. Chemo did not win. You win. All you do is WIN, WIN, WIN... no matter what.