Monday, January 18, 2016

Not-So-Brave Shave...

So, after a lot of thought and deliberation, I decided to shave my head.  Since Christmas day, I had lost a lot of hair, but oddly not enough.  I still had enough hair to wash and comb and tuck in awkwardly underneath my hats.  The hassle was starting to outweigh the reward...it was becoming a source of contention.  I'd find it loose all over my clothes, and I was so worried about cooking and it falling into my food.  So, I decided today would be the day for me to shave it all off.  I considered having a brave shave party.  But there's no way that I have enough bravery to shave off my hair in front of all my friends.  Instead, I sat in my bathroom...facing away from my mirror and let Chocolate Chip shave it off...while H-town provided solace.  Afterwards, they both gave me a hug and let me cry it out.  I wasn't ready to look at it just yet, so I wiped away my tears and slipped my hat back on.  They wanted me to look at it while they were with me, so if I needed to cry more, they'd be there to provide hugs, kind words and tissues.  But I insisted on taking my first sneak peak alone.

Surprisingly, I didn't cry again when I looked at it.  I carefully inspected it and decided I kinda look like Sigourney Weaver in the movie Aliens...and I kinda look like my dad when his hair fell out...our heads are definitely shaped the same way.  Now...am I brave enough to share a hairless selfie?  Uh, no...no I'm not.  I'm not sure that I ever will be.  But, I don't regret my decision.  I do feel like I look less sick and this will be a lot easier to deal with on the daily.  My scalp is still sore...and really itchy...but I'll get used to this eventually.

Prayer Request:  Please pray that my hair does grow back...and that when it does, it will be stronger and thicker then ever before!  

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

proud of you, and you're braver than you think!

ansley said...

Rock it, Chech! Proud of you! I'm forever grateful to Htown and Chocolate chip for all the support and help they've given to you through all this! <3

Unknown said...

Such admiration for you, chech. Glad you had such great support with you! Love you. -Jensey

avasa05 said...

Hugs

Chiwanderer said...

You're a brave person my dear