Monday, January 25, 2016

Recovering from my Bleh days...


After sleeping nearly 72 hours straight and getting IV hydration this morning I'm feeling a lot better.  The past few days were rough, but I think the new trial medicine I was put on will keep the side effects at 5 days...I THINK.  I hadn't been able to eat or drink much at all and that finally caught up with me last night.  I got up to go to the bathroom and suddenly felt really weak.  I started sweating profusely and felt faint.  I leaned my head against the bathroom wall and blacked out and woke up while convulsing.  I literally crawled back to my bed just in time to black out again.  When I came to,  it dawned on me that my blood sugar must be low.  My mom had placed a tin of hershey's kisses by my bed side...and I stuffed a few in my mouth.  It was scary to say the least.

Today, I was able to eat three decent sized meals and haven't dry-heaved at all.  So, I'm hoping each day will get better going forward.  Since I haven't really been leaving my bedroom lately, my frenemy brought over a TV for my room and introduced me to google chrome!  It's been life changing.  He also introduced me to the world of Malayalam movies.  Now, I'm not ready to say I'm a full fledged fan or anything yet.  But I did find it entertaining while I was stuck in bed!  And the songs lull me to sleep in no time!  I have this feeling I'm going to get addicted soon.  

So, on Friday I wanted to share some flashback Friday pics...but didn't feel well enough to blog.  So I thought I'd share those pics today...My aunt had taken these pictures on her phone of albums that were at our family home in India. She showed me all of them during big chemo day...I thought they were way too cute not to post!

My handsome dad and beautiful mom.  
My brother and sister before the light of their lives was born! ;)
I was pretty impressed with their clothes...I'm sure my brother's suit was pretty fly for those days. And my sister was on
point with her mary jane's, fluffy dress and matching bow.  My mom credited my dad for their style!

My brother and me...I think I was probably a year old...already visibly annoyed at him and had my fist ready to punch!


My mom and her her besties at age 16.  This one was really a treasure!  I had never seen a picture of my mom this young.  She's the third one on the right...Little did i know I got my love of accessories from her.  I fell in love with the necklace she was wearing, but of course she says that's long gone.


My mom's group picture reminded me of my own group picture I took at 17...which just seemed funny in comparison!
When I asked my mom why she went to a studio to take a fancy pic with her friends she said she had no idea. Come to think of it...I have no idea why I did either!!


No comments: