Sunday, January 17, 2016

Parting is such sweet sorrow...

Me & Bella...my sister's Dogter
Growing up, my sister was more like a mini mom than she was my sister. Being six years older than me, she took the responsibility of taking care of me while my parents worked. It's been a long time since then but the past three weeks have reminded me of those days. She rubbed my back when I was nauseous, read to me, cooked and cleaned the house. She worked tirelessly to take care of me...even when she might have not had the strength to do it.  I'm sure that when I was younger...I probably didn't appreciate her as I should have and didn't understand that she wasn't being bossy and annoying...but everything she did was out of love.  I'm glad that as I've grown up, I'm able to see and understand that.  The three weeks I had with her flew by and  tomorrow she leaves. I wish I had more good days while she was here so we could have had more fun together...but I'm hoping that when this is all over there will be time for that. 


We spent the day with our uncle and aunt...our dads only brother. He introduced us to distant relatives who we'd never met before that recently moved to Oklahoma....oddly enough this aunty was a ten year breast cancer survivor. She gave me great advice about being optimistic, focusing on my faith...and even how to deal with hair loss. She had long, thick hair and told me that it had all fallen out...including her eyebrows...but it all came back in due time. It may have seemed like a chance meeting...but I believe that was a divine appointment. God sent a little cancer survivor angel aunty to encourage me just at the right time.

I'm not sure what challenges I'll have to face this week. Round three starts Thursday. I wish I had felt better longer in between rounds and I'm really hoping this round is less brutal. More chemo side effects are becoming apparent...my lips are so dry....it doesn't even feel like skin on my lips anymore. They are cracked and constantly burning. I've slathered them with coconut oil and lots of various lip balms but within minutes it soaks in and I'm back to square one. My nail beds and finger tips are turning dark. Luckily it's not painful...It just looks like I have dirty hands, but i painted my nails this weekend so they'd look a little better. My scalp is starting to hurt as well. The hair loss makes it really tender so I have sore spots...My prayer request for this week is ...getting through the red tape at MDA. It's time for me to focus on my transfer there and getting a surgery date scheduled. 

Before-black nail beds 
After-teal nail beds! ;)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A well wisher and long time reader here....hope this article helps
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2015/05/04/curcumin-turmeric-benefits.aspx

shebamm said...

Love you and Been ♥️