Thursday, January 21, 2016

Round 3, day 1...

I can't believe today was the first day of my third round! I am so excited to get Charlotte the hell off of me in 21 days so I can move my dining chair out of my bathroom ( what I hang Charlotte on when I shower) and take a real deal shower without cords, tubes, and stick and seal covering my port! It will be a glorious day!!

Now that I'm almost 1/3 of the way finished with this process, there are more challenges arising which I need specific prayer for but I also had an epiphany about myself that requires a massive praise report!

Prayer request first...MDA...as my luck would have it...they are switching to a new software and therefore reducing the number of patients they are currently taking. The first appointment date they gave me is for April or May!!!! And that's just the FIRST appointment! This is absolutely not going to work considering I have an aggressive tumor!!  So we are currently working on some possible solutions!! God has provided me with excellent and timely care so far...so I'm pretty confident that He will open a new door for me!

Second request...I did take a new anti nausea med that's supposed to last five days..but now as I type I can feel this acidic feeling in my gut and the taste  of metal on my tongue...and so I'm getting a little nervous! I only have 5 or less days to spare for feeling crappy! I'm not doing 21 days of dry heaving this round too!!

Praise report...so dr. H  told me today that if he had to measure the aggressiveness of my chemo on a scale of 1-10...itd measure a 10. He said the other patients in the chemo room are  doing chemos that are at a 3. I was shocked actually and a tad jealous of the lightweights! He said that because I'm young they pull out the hardcore stuff to keep the cancer from coming back. He even said that if a young patient...who was at stage 4 had the same type of cancer he wouldn't run the same chemo that I have because it would probably kill the patient since it's so aggressive!! 

This made me realize the extent of how strong this stuff is!! I have to say God has given me some kind of extra dosage of superhero strength because I feel like I have handled this chemo fairly well...considering! Yes I have hard days and have dry heaved more then I can keep count...and had one mental break down, and maybe a few cry baby minutes...but overall I have done pretty good! My counts are great! I still make time for visitors and answer texts and emails and occasionally craft and clear my plate!! I haven't once considered telling dr h. I needed to drop down a notch and lower my treatment levels...It's definitely been Gods grace!!  1/3 almost down...2/3 left to go! I can do all things through him who gives me strength!

No comments: