Wednesday, September 28, 2005

diahrrea of random thoughts...

I decided that I need to beef up my vocabulary. I'm a writer and a studier (is that a word) of the English language, yet my diction sucks. So, today begins my quest for learning a new word each day. I'm a bit excited about it. My new word of the day comes from dictionary.com....it is adamant. I know this word, however I'm still adamant about keeping up with this daily routine. (Like how I used that in a sentence form?) Yesterday's word was a bit tougher, so I will discuss it in greater length. It was halcyon, a mythical bird that was fabled to nest at sea about the time of the winter solstice and to calm the waves during incubation. As an adjective, the word means a calm; quiet; peaceful; undisturbed; happy; as, "deep, halcyon repose." My sentence for this word is....I long for the halcyon years of my childhood . =) Ok kids...that's your lesson for today. Tune in tomorrow for your new word!

In other news...I have no other news....other than... I had a very disappointing day on the scales today. I drank gallons of water this week, excercised religiously, cut back on the snacks, etc with full expectation of losing two pounds. I so wanted to break an even 40 pounds lost. However, instead of losing 2, I gained 2!! I'd like to blame it on my thick slacks. In fact, I will blame it on my thick slacks...and if you know what's best for you...you will too! Next week I have to lose 4 pounds before my trip to New York!!

Other than that, Lost is on tonight!... My heart flutters with anticipation. I like that line. This is the second time I used it today. It's such a dramatic phrase...kinda funny when you use it sarcastically...ehhh, yah...so more importantly, I've been asked to write on dippu.com. I'm excited about it....if you haven't checked it out....please do!...www.dippu.com It's a site for Desi Christians. I was going to say Indian Christians, but desi is the "in" word right now. Anyway, dont' worry...you won't be reading my useless banter on that site...I'm going to try to write someting meaningful, encouraging, and thought provoking...instead of the diahrrea of random thoughts you read here. So now I officially write on 3 blogs...how I wish this could be a full time job!!!

2 comments:

Scorps1027 said...

congrats suevee!!! and i blame the thick slacks!! besides all that walking around nyc will make the lbs. just melt right off!!

Anonymous said...

suevee.. i wanted to warn you.. it's getting cold here.. i had to wear sweats inside the house today.. BBBBRRR!