Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Laid to rest...

I have a final update for those of you who have followed the story of Shibu Mathai on my blog. Shibu is the 26-year-old man who drowned at Lake Arcadia while saving his 13-year-old cousin. His death was hard for all of us who knew him to accept, especially for his wife and family. They believed that Shibu's life would be restored, and as their friends, we stood with them in faith...supporting their belief. That first week, there were many questions in all of our minds as we searched for answers. A week passed, and the family decided to take the body back to his home in Oregon for more prayer. At this point, I wasn't sure of my feelings regarding the situation. However, I continued to uphold the family in my prayers while I prayed for God's will to be done. Finally, after 3 weeks of prayer and unwavering faith, the family laid Shibu to rest yesterday in Oregon. I ask all of you who have been praying over this matter for the past 3 weeks to continue to pray for the peace of the family....especially Jamie, his wife. She has a long, arduous road ahead of her, but I firmly believe that God will restore her heart and carry her through this tumultous storm.

3 comments:

kovoor36 said...

my prayers are with jamie, the rest of his family and friends. i admire you all for your courage thru all of this and hope God's peace finds you all.

Anonymous said...

God bless

Anonymous said...

john 11