Thursday, September 08, 2005

A trip around the world in 7 hours...

Last night at 11:30 pm, I began a quest to run from country to country all around the world by 6:30 a.m. I ran through Chinatown and tried to get away from the mafioso that was chasing me down the streets of NYC. I ran through mountainous areas where I met Chinese munks draped in orange robes, who gave me a wooden bead necklace. I ran through tropical areas where I met Hurly from the show Lost. We stopped to discuss how the "former" me...looked a little like him. Then, I ran through desert. I stopped in Kuwait and decided to go shopping. I met a man there. He wasn't my usual type. He had a thick moustache and a stern face. I decided to marry him, despite the fact he was Muslim. After our marriage ceremony (which i ended up wearing jeans to), I decided it was time for me to keep running. However, my husband didn't agree. He made me change into a burka and tried to beat the tar out of me. About that time, I was suddenly jolted awake by the sound of "bole chudia" playing on my phone. (my phone broke and I'm using Sunu's, thus the hindi ring tone). I sat up in bed and wondered why in THE hell I had such a strange dream last night. And finally, I pieced together an explanation. Yesterday, as I was running on the treadmill...I thought about losing weight for my trip to NYC...I watched an old episode of Lost in which they focused on the Chinese couple and a bit on Hurly, and I was simultaneously reading a magazine that talked about women in Saudi Arabia and how they have posh purses and clothes, but have to be covered from head to toe. It even showed a picture of how one lady got the tar beat out of her by her husband because he accused her of an affair. Crazy how we carry things from our day into our dreams...and it gets all jumbled into something nonsensical...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

this happens to me all the time too! But, unlike you, Sue, I NEVER dream about running, ever though :) i'll briefly mention someones name during a converstation, and like magic they are the central figure in my dreams...ooo the workings of the subconsicous.

Scorps1027 said...

wow that was really fascinating! i love you how pieced it together. my dreams (when I remember them) rarely make much sense.

Anonymous said...

i am seriosuly considering delaying my trip to India so i can meet you and scorp!

I usually have dreamless nights. That's b/c i am a light sleeper.. Anything and everything wakes me up.

kovoor36 said...

i can never remmeber dreams, but on the rare occasion i do, they are just as wacky!!

Anonymous said...

i remember dreams alot...the good ones never come true though. but yours is hilarious!