Tuesday, September 27, 2005

That's so Sue...

My niece tells me I remind her of Raven Simone on that's so Raven. I don't really know where she gets that idea from. Something about that show bugs me....it's the title. "That's so Raven" What exactly is SO Raven? This is a question I ask myself lately because I hear this more and more often. Not about Raven...but about me.

For example...my loyal reader and commenter, Sunu K commented on my last blog post saying "that is such a Sue story." What exactly is a Sue story? What kinda story is it that typically makes one associate it to me? The other day, my buddy Ruby told me she pulled out some sort of folder/notebook during a church service and Sunu K said, "That's such a Sue folder." What the heck does that mean? Sue folder? My BF also called me this weekend saying she watched a movie called Crash and suggested I watch it. She said she thought of me while watching it because it's a....you guessed it...a Sue movie. the Illustrious Finuji says the same thing about Sex in the City. So, I'm perplexed and curious...

I hear this all the time when it comes to clothes...I can totally understand "sue clothes" because I have a very distinct style which I'd like to call "educator gear." So, if one sees a girl clad in gray slacks and a button-up...I would completely understand why one would associate her wardrobe to me and say..."that's so Sue." But the rest...I just don't get.

So...if someone would like to clarify why you think things are SO SUE and what that means exactly I would greatly appreciate it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I get this all the time, so I can definitely relate. For example, when someone see's like a greyish white piece of marble, they always say, thats soooo maxine.... With you, it would be like ...hmmm, pointing out the blackest of nights and saying ...thats sooo sue...why? Well, thats obvious. .... dont feel bad, i'm on the other side of the spectrum of you!!! Toodles!!!!

Anonymous said...

lol poo...

by sayin something's a "sue" thing aint bad...it's just that it reminds me of you...

for example, that folder/stationary thing ruby had on saturday just reminded me of you because it seemed/looked like a crafty idea. Crafty = Sue

you giving that moron your number cuz you were prolly caught in an awkward situation and didn't know how to get out of it is a "get me the hell out of this situation" thing. "Get me the hell out of this before I lose my mind" situation = Sue.

See?? lol ;) i love you poopaloo

kovoor36 said...

this post was sooo sue!!:P hehe, i crack me up sometimes:)