Monday, July 16, 2007

Bleh...

All weekend I was in anticipation of news I would receive this morning....but, today the news I received wasn't the news I wanted to hear. My uncle and aunt in India had applied for their visiting Visa to attend the wedding and visit the country they've only seen through pictures. Sadly, their Visa was rejected. I had started to envision the wedding festivities with them here...and now that I know they won't be here...I'm crushed. *sigh*
I know there's a reason for everything...good and bad...it just bothers me that I don't know what that reason is.

The weekend was a busy one. Ruby was here to help me with a few wedding tasks ....Including this one. This is my latest concoction for the cake table.

Roob, helped me pick the lettering and the pefect shade of gold paint. We also went and taste tested the food for the reception...I brought along my favors/centerpieces and set it up on the table to see what it'd look like. The planner at the reception site liked them and gave me a few helpful hints on how to step everything up. All I have to say is that September 14th is going to be the busiest day of my life...=/

3 comments:

kovoor36 said...

im sorry to hear abt your aunt and uncle's visa.... can they appeal??

Anonymous said...

hi...i came across ur blog some time back while searching some info for my wedding. ive been hooked to this blog ever since ur post on ur engagement.

i know u gonna have a wonderful wedding..all the best.

btw, im a hindu girl alllll the way from malaysia and my wedding is on Sept 15th :o)

cookiemonsta said...

sueevee. i'll be there to help on the 14th!!