Thursday, July 19, 2007

We B.S.

When I was a kid...I HATED VBS "WeeBeeYes" Basically, because I had no friends back then....except one annoying guy who kept crying in the corner because he couldn't be in the same class as the "big kid," who he CLAIMED to be friends with. That annoying kid is now an annoying adult named Billy. =/
Now VBS is totally different than the VBS of old. People actually put thought and creativity into it and come up with curriculum that actually teaches you stuff. The kids really seem to be enjoying it...and I'm actually having fun helping out as well.
Micahji's brilliant Mommy sewed a shepherd boy outfit for him so he could fit in with the rest of us who were costume as the people of Israel. Some of the wittle ones who visited us at our market...kids are always happy when paint is around. Who can blame them? So am I. =)

The cutest little group ever. The two little girls in orange and the little boy are triplets. I could sit and watch and listen to the girl triplet with the big smile all day long cuz she totally reminds me of my BF when she was little.

Finuji inside our stone carving market
Now, this is where the "we B.S" part comes into play. We teach kids Hebrew words in our store...We named our store Reya (Finu) and Shiloh's (me) Barrada. However, Barrada is an Arabic word....We told them it was Hebrew because we were too lazy to look up the real word for shop. And I tell them my Hebrew name means "beautiful" ...but really...I have no idea what it means. Fins just liked it...so there ya go! What they don't know won't hurt them. ;)
Priya was a bit sad in her fisherman's hut cuz no one was stopping by to visit her.
When I went into the Synagogue, I expected to see our Rabbi, Derrick...but instead found a couple of cute alter boys intently reading their scroll....
They were kind enough to stop and pose in front of the alter. ;)
Finally...the city of Galillee with all its' wittle inhabitants...
Me and my favorite little shepherd boy
Flipper stopped by to carve some stone.
Flip put a lot of sweat, blood (and i mean literally), and tears into this VBS. He injured his finger working on some of our set. I hope his finger heals ASAP because he's supposed to play piano at my wedding and spin some records at the reception!!!
I love to see kids...(big and little alike) having fun dancing!

I think it's safe to say that I know some of the most creative people ever! But what's great about is that everyone gets together to use their talents...to reach out to others.
I'm so proud of them. =)













5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow....you guys did an amazing job. i so wish i could be there for it all. good job guys. miss you poo!

cookiemonsta said...

wowie... i am impressed! These okie people are very talented :)
hey.. isn't Shiloh Angelina Jolie's kid's name?

Anonymous said...

Y'all did an amazing job with your VBS. We have a Shiloh Road here (lol).

kovoor36 said...

micah is sooo freaking cute!! and i love his outfit!! finu did a great job!! you all did a great job with the vbs too:)

Scorps1027 said...

you guys did a wonderful job with VBS. i love the fact that hte adults seemed to have more fun with this than the kids! love micah's outfit...finu did a great job with it!