Thursday, July 12, 2007

Opposites Attract...

Raining. Again. *sigh*

When you're single, and don't have a potential "special someone" in your life...you contemplate what it is that you want in your signifcant other. You start to formulate a list of qualities that your mr/miss right will possess. I've heard girls tell me that they're written this list out and prayed over it and that they've gotten exactly what was listed on the list. Most of the time, the list is comprised of what YOU think is most suitable for you...afterall, who knows you better than you, right?

Wrong. It's foolish to think that relationships aren't constructed by a more divine force. God knows all we need now and forever. People are constantly changing, growing, and evolving...and what is suitable for you today isn't what is going to be right for you forever.

When I stop to consider Matt...I realize that he has qualities that I never even thought I needed or wanted. I had certain expectations about my future Mr. Right...and he exceeds them by leaps and bounds. I'm grateful that God knows me better than I know myself because if I hand selected my Mr. Right...I woulda been in BIG trouble. I see a lot of couples that seem to have NOTHING in common. They're opposites in extreme ways...yet they're perfectly content and functional. Now, I understand this concept. Opposites not only attract, but they balance each other out....and it works.

Speaking of opposites...check out this couple. He is the world's tallest man....He's 7 feet 9 inches! At 56, he searched the world over for a bride and then happened to find his 29 year-old-bride in his home town!! She's 5 foot 5 inches!...I wonder how tall their kids will be!!

Oh...and I almost forgot....my NEW shoes! When BF was here, she got some insanely cute shoes on sale at Payless of all places....Sunu and I made a mad dash there y'day after work...and BF's cute shoes were no where to be found. I pouted for a long while until I layed my eyes on the shiny red shoes and fell in love! The other day, I went home to find Mousse gnawing on my brand new red sandals...so I thought these were a perfect replacement. Of course, I had to sport them today...even if it meant I had to slosh around in the rain in them. I love em'. Maybe I'll have to go back and get them in black too. Oh...and BF finally gave me the polka dot GAP bag she's been promising me. ;) I knew I'd sucker it away from her. Buahahahah! My puppy dog eyes are powerful. ;) It won't be long before her "oaches" are mine too. (Her oaches are Sunu's hand-me-down Coaches. Per Shines...Sunu's used them and the C's are worn off...so they're not coaches any more!)

1 comment:

kovoor36 said...

ooh i love the shoes!!! i was in payless the other day and saw so many cute fun shoes and yet, none in my size:( damn my huge feet!!