Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Brownies make the world go round...

I finally see the sun shining, and I don't know how to contain my excitement. I just hope that the weather stays nice until the weekend. I don't have any grand plans for July 4th. Mousse will be at the groomer's for a few hours, so I thought it would be a great time to clean. My vacuum cleaner was on the fritz for a few days, which nearly caused me to cry real tears. But, I took it apart yesterday, and unclogged the poor thing. Mousse's fur comprises 99.8% of my carpet. Why in the world didn't I get a long haired dog?

So, no grand plans for tomorrow, but tonight, Furball and I will be dining at our 3rd "cultural" restaurant. Last week we went to a greek place called Zorba's. We both rated it very low...a 4 from me and a 5 from her. So far, I haven't found a place that really strikes my fancy. But, I'm excited about tonight's Sushi place...

Speaking of "excited about"...My BF will be in town Thursday night, CCL and SueTee will be here Saturday...it will be the last time I see a lot of my outta town friends and family before the wedding. It's the end of a very longggggg drown out era, I tell ya! I'm soooo looking forward to this weekend's festivities!!!! Two words for ya...YEE. HAW!

Wowza...I just saw Sunu K's blog on her H.S. reunion!! Soooo cool. My HS reunion was the most lame event ever. Talk about poor planning...but hers looked like good times. Speaking of, my 15th year reunion should be this year...but somehow I doubt the class of 1992 is gonna pull it together enough to do another reunion. I can't believe it's been 15 long years since I graduated HS. Boy, do I feel old. The other day, I was at Sephora, and I saw a girl who graduated a few years before me. I never actually went to school with her because when she was a senior, I was still in Jr. High. But, I knew her because her and my sister worked part time at a drug store. I recognized her immediately...and told Sunu..."Hey, that's **** ******! Class of 1990." She gave me a disgusted look. She finds the fact that I remember people's first AND last name AND year of graduation...a bit repulsive. A bit later, the girl actually approaches ME! She asked me if I had a sister who worked in pharmacy and said she thought I looked familiar. I think I finally met my match! Could there be someone as equally as strange as I am that can't forget names and faces?!? Anyway, just another reason for me to believe that I definitely need to update my look. If someone recognizes me from how I looked in junior high, that's a problem!

1 comment:

kovoor36 said...

hahahahhaa, thats kinda funny! i also remember alot of lame things liek everyones names, usually bdays and things. even for people i dont know personally. im weird too. enjoy the weekend and live it up!! (and take a ton of pix or make sure the girls do!!)