Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Well, now shower festivities are over....BF will be returning back to Florida today in order to gear up for her big trip to Italy with my sister and family. It was nice to have her here with me to do a few wedding tasks. Yesterday, her, Wins (the kid with the abnormally long arms, which are perfect for upshots. ;) ), and I went and had a cake testing. We definitely got all the flavors picked out...6 glorious flavors for a 3 layer cake. ;) ...but we can't seem to agree on a design. I take that back, we all agree, but for some reason, I'm scared to not have a traditional looking wedding cake. I'm not sure why...considering nothing else is very traditional...and this is something hardly anyone really even sees.

Monday, we had my first fitting. We were pretty disappointed because I didn't really try on the dress...just the lining. The silk and the lace won't be ready until August. Everyone who hears this begins to get a little nervous. Because my next fitting is less than a month away from the wedding date, but I am confident in my tailor's abilities to get the job done...so no worries here.


Geez guys...wasn't it just yesterday that I was complaining that it was going to take forever for the wedding to get here? It's only 66 days away now! Y I K E S.


In other news, check out the giant squid carcass that was washed up on the beach in Tasmania. It was over 6 feet tall. This only furthers my decision to NEVER go under water for ANY purpose. I have no desire to know what goes on under there in that world. I don't want to be bumping into any fishy characters like this...ha! fishy characters... ;)

4 comments:

Scorps1027 said...

that squid is just plain scary! eeks!

i'm disappointed that the dress is not so far along. but only because i wanted to see pictures, not because i dont' have faith that it wont' be done.

time is flying...it'll be the big day before you know it!

i want more descriptions of this cake!

kovoor36 said...

that squid is scary looking!! i thnk cake is fairly impt!! i put a pic on my ty card!! hehe, but i could biased for that reason:)

Anonymous said...

you think that squid is bad? you should see the ones i had to battle.

Anonymous said...

mmm calamari! ;)