Monday, July 30, 2007

Back to Life...Back to Reality...

I feel like I have been away from work for weeks, not just three days. The two days I was in Houston felt like eternity....maybe because there was so much going on and it was a very emotional time. Shijo's funeral service was the most beautiful and solemn funeral service that I have ever attended. I walked away with a lot of insight about him, which has influenced the way that I will live my life. He never confined himself to the box that society tries to stuff you in. He lived his life the way he wanted to...and what "people thought" was not something he was concerned with....which is a good thing because he only had 30 years to live his life. I'm glad he lived it in a way that made him happy. I love the picture below...it truly eximplifies who he was...
It's been hard to get back into the groove of things. A part of my brain is in Houston...wondering how my cousins are coping with their loss. When I look down at my desk calendar....it freaks me out. I only have 47 more days until the wedding. I feel like I'm moving in slow motion now...and need to add some pep in my step. The month of August is going to be nuts...everyweekend there is something going on...and Matt will be here! A part of me is ecstatic and the other part of me is nervous. I wonder how he'll adapt to slow-paced life in Oklahoma...if he'll get homesick...if he'll tolerate Mousse...if he'll make friends...etc, etc. So much to think about...my brain's on overload. Not to mention...wedding plan finalizations.

I look forward to the day when I'm chilling on Miami beach in a sunhat and shades. And this time of stress is but a distant memory...

3 comments:

kovoor36 said...

that is exciting matt is coming!! im sure things will fall into place, just do your best to stay sane:)

cookiemonsta said...

i am so sorry to hear about ur cousin sue. Did u get my email?
WHen's matt coming? how exciting! I wonder what goodies he'll bring :)

Scorps1027 said...

everything concerning matt will be FINE. you, missy, are a worrywart:)

concerning this cigarette smoke...is it somehow coming thru the vents?! there's nothing worse than stale smoke!