Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Eve...I can't believe it's already here! The month has flown by...What am I talking about? The YEAR has flown by! I get off at noon today, and I'm going to go home and try to drag Matt out of the house in order to take part in some Christmas cheer. We've been recluses all weekend. When I got home from work on Friday, he had a 104 temp. I spent the entire night giving him meds every 4 hours to bring his fever down.
Friday night, my friend the Furball (i can't say neighbor anymore because we're not) came over for the first annual Furball/Thomas Christmas dinner. Matt was quarantined in his room, so Stacey and I spent the evening chatting about deep and meaningful things like we usually do. =) We were both incredibly excited about giving each other the presents we had gotten for each other. I got her a name necklace like Carrie Bradshaw wears in Sex and the City....since Stace was the one responsible for getting me totally HOOKED to the show! She got me a stuffed Dronkey. Yes, I'm 33 years old and I have a stuffed Dronkey. She and I had taken the kids to see Shrek 3 earlier this year, and we couldn't get over howwww cute Dronkey was. So, she decided to get me my very own Dronkey. Of course, I will not be playing with it or cuddling with it at night. I'm way too mature to do that. ;) I keep it perched high above on a mantel out of Mousse's reach. I think she has found her new nemesis.
Saturday was craft day in the Thomas house. Matt was still recovering from his fever...and I had my friend Rashetta and her two lil' ones over at the house....we worked on Christmas crafts and had Reindeer cupcakes (recipe courtesy CCL). I loved having the munchkins over...it made me realize how fun Christmas is when you have kids around to share in the festivities. After they left, I was spent the rest of the evening working on a painting...My cousin Jess sent me a beautiful wedding card, which I tried to replicate on canvas.

I ended the evening, watching Princess Moussey curled up on her royal throne.
I hope all of you have a very Merry Christmas. May the love of Christ fill your hearts not just on Christmas...but always! Until Wednesday, my friends...

2 comments:

kovoor36 said...

merry Christmas to you, matt and moussey!!

Anonymous said...

u painted that sue? my god woman.. u r good at everything!