Thursday, December 27, 2007

The Last Post of 07!!!!

Well, I'll be flying the friendly skies tomorrow morning...and will be out of pocket for the rest of the year, so I thought I'd write my final post of 07 today!!

Last year this time, I was counting down the days until Ruby's wedding! I was a nervous wreck because it was the first wedding I had ever planned...and didn't want to screw things up on my friend's special day!...not to mention, 2 days later, I'd be off to India to meet MY future hubby. Happy almost-anniversary, Rub and Abu!
This year was filled with lots of changes...like getting engaged and saying goodbye to singlehood...and landing a wonderful job that I love! Things seemed to be changing and moving so fast...that I officially named 2007 the year of CHANGE.
Looking back there were many happy events....beautiful babies were born...like the twins, Sai and Sia, my lil' Snugglebug Thomas, and baby Madeline....and babies turned ONE...(Landon and Micah!) Many of my friends/relatives discovered the happy news that they were pregnant!!...(so more babies in 08!) Many of my friends got married and started new chapters in their lives...I had fun-filled showers, a Sue Day, and a bachelorette party that CCL will ever let me forget. ;)
But of course...along with the good, comes the bad. Matt and I both lost members of our family...Matt's dad died right before he left to come to the states...and my cousin, Shijo died very suddenly and unexpectedly in July. Both losses reminded me that things can go from good to bad with out any warning...so, it's always important to trust the Lord at all times....not just during the harvest, but in the drought as well...He has all things in control, even when it doesn't seem like it....that's a lesson I've learned through out the past 33 years...not just 07. It was a hard lesson to learn, but it's something that's finally sunk into my thick skull. ;)
God's been so great to us this year...although we scarcely deserve it! There's no words that can thank Him enough for opening doors for us that were sealed shut for years, providing for us, and for strengthening us during the hardest of times.
Finally, I can't think of any other place in the world where I'd like to say goodbye to 2007. We're elated to be going to NYC...a place that both of us are just CRAZY about!...We're definitely excited to ring in the new year in Times Square and watch the ball drop!...what a fabulous way to start 2008!!...I think it's a sign that the coming year will be an exciting one!
I have lotsssss of resolutions...but I won't bore you with details. I will say, that I've named 08 the year of FOCUS. With all the change in 07...I've seemed to lose a lot of focus on a lot of things...and I plan to change that this year. I definitely look forward to all the possibilites in store for 08! Deep down in my bones...I feel like this is gonna be a good year.
God bless all of you...thanks for reading my rantings this past year! I hope you have a wonderful, safe, prosperous, and blessed new year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i hope you have a fantastic time in NYC city Sue! We love you!

kovoor36 said...

happy new year!!! hope that 08 is another fab year ahead! enjoy your trip!