Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Forties...Fetty Wap...& Fashion

A year since my last post...I'm clearly not very good at this anymore. But I figure I'll keep trying until it sticks and I'm back to writing again or I stop and officially give up!
When I originally wrote here, I was in my 20’s and 30’s and it’s funny to see how different and the same my life really is.  One thing that didn’t impact me at all in the past that does now is…fashion.  Not that I’m a fashionista or anything but I do love clothes and trends, and I find myself wondering if I’m crossing lines when it comes to age and fashion.  When you get older it's kind of hard to know what's appropriate and what's not...so you start questioning yourself...not just about clothes but everything!! You not only ask yourself WWJD but WWAMAD (what would a mature adult do?!?) like would a mature adult be a Fetty Wap fan? I don't know but I am one!!
All that being said I used to not care about fashion at all. I had my staples…black and gray slacks and cardigans in every color.  Let’s be honest, I still have cardigans in every color.  But now, I feel like I’m more conscious of trends. And once Sangita Patel stepped into my world and introduced me to bling...accessorizing became my cardio! 
So this morning I had to go get my blood drawn…another new fun thing I get to do regularly now that I’m old. Bleh.  The lady who sat in the waiting room with me wore gray jeans with gaping holes in each thigh.  I probably wouldn’t have batted a lash, but she was in her sixties.  I mean gray hair and matching gray jeans with gaping holes don’t really go…do they? 
Clearly she was trying to keep up with trends and not concerned about age appropriateness but I definitely don't want to be examined by some one twenty years younger than me in the same way.
So how do I avoid this sticky little situation? I really don't know yet. I figure the rule of thumb is as long as I stay out of the juniors section I should be ok!...for now!

No comments: