Sunday, November 22, 2015

Seven Days of Thankfulness....Day One

It's Thanksgiving week!  What better way to spend this week than reflecting on what I'm thankful for.  It's super easy to think about all the things wrong in your life...but it's a little bit more challenging to think about the good things.

Four and a half years ago, when I was unemployed my frenemy...AKA Shines... suggested that I apply at Paycom.  Thinking we'd be in the same building...and that we'd probably want to kill each other most days... I said, "no thanks."  But he was persistent and he brought up a really good point...I needed a job desperately.  So, I gave in and let him work his magic...and Viola!...I got the job!! 

Since then I've grumbled on Mondays....ok, and Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays.... but in all honesty, I am so thankful for my job at Paycom...ok ok, and I'm thankful for my frenemy too!!  I tend to lose sight of my gratefulness when I'm up to my eyeballs in work, but I  actually couldn't think of a company in Oklahoma that I'd rather work for right now! I could brag about the $1 insurance, the $4 lunches, the monthly luncheons, Paycom Prom and all the other fun things we do....but those aren't the things that really impact my life.  I've made some unbelievable friends at Paycom.  I can't call them co-workers because that term just doesn't fit when I think about what an integral part of my life they are.  Apparently I'm not the only one who feels this way about Paycom or the friends I've made there.    But most of all, Paycom has given me stability.  I'm not living like life styles of the rich and famous by any means.  But I'm doing just fine...I'm comfortable...even with a horrible on-line shopping addiction! 

So on day one of thankfulness week...I'm ever so thankful to God for opening up this door of opportunity for me to have a stable job at a stable company that cares about the happiness and well-being of their employees and for bringing people into my life that I know will be my besties for the restie!

PayCom Peeps!
Add caption

No comments: