Saturday, November 21, 2015

Soul Mates....Fact or Fiction

A friend and I were discussing "soulmates" the other day....I was pro.  She was con.  She asked me to explain my stance, but we were texting and she didn't quite catch my drift, so I told her I'd write about it in my next blog.  Days passed and I didn't quite feel inspired to write about something so heavy.  But, here I am on a Saturday night...cuddled up with Moussey under my cozy, new blanket watching the Sex and the City Movie.  I've watched it nearly a dozen times, but I can never get enough.  Watching Carrie and Mr. Big  jump through hurdles to finally tie the knot ***spoiler alert*** suddenly inspired me to write about my stance on soulmates.  I mean was there ever a more romantic pair of soulmates on TV?!?!?

It's a highly debatable topic...so just a reminder, everything you read here is merely my opinion.  I realize there is no right or wrong answer to this question.  

Why I Believe in Soulmates
By SueVee

I believe that God has selected one soulmate for each one of us.  I realize this places a lot of pressure on people to find that one person....but hey, no one ever said love was easy.  So not only do you have to find that one person, but you have to convince that person that they're you're soulmate and you're theirs....GOOD LUCK!  Now, I'm not saying that if you find your soulmate, everything is going to be amazing and you'll be skipping through fields of daisies.  Relationships are hard and they take work, regardless of who you're with. God is also a very important factor in this.  Just because you find your soulmate doesn't mean you don't need God's love.  He's the third strand.  With out God, you will never feel content or fully loved.  After all, God is love.  I believe that God intended us to share our lives with one person (mainly) and then share our love with everyone.  He designated and set aside one person just for each of us to connect with at a soul level.  The challenge is finding that person.  

Most of what I just wrote sounds pretty sensible, I think.  Here's where  people start to think I'm crazy....What if you know someone is your soulmate and they don't agree or they die or they pick someone else...or you pick someone else??  Well, the reality of life is that it isn't perfect.  Sometimes these things happen.  Does this mean you'll be miserable for the rest of your life?  I don't think misery is the correct word.  I think that you can still love and be loved by someone else.  But the connection will not be as deep...to the core...as what you would have with your soulmate.

Now, I could be totally wrong.  Realistically, I probably am.  But, I've watched a lot of RomCom's and read a lot of ChickLit and this is what happens to your brain after years of doing so.  I would like to think that all the Carrie Bradshaws and Mr. Bigs of the world end up together....but I know it's not always the case. But for those of you reading this who think your soulmate might have slipped away ask yourself if Carrie ended up with Aiden instead...would life have been so bad?

No comments: