Friday, January 27, 2006

55 words of fiction...buahaha!

ahhh Friday. Little can ruin my naturally jovial mood on a Friday. Friday just feels good. There's a sense of freedom in the air. The clock beckons 4:45. ahhh, Friday...I love thee as dogs love tummy rubs...as santa loves Christmas...yah, i'm outta my freaking mind. you would be too if you were in my shoes...if your mindless 9-5 made you feel like eating hot tar might be a preferable experience! I was so bored today that I did something tres mischevious. My pastor's son (who also works here) and I exchange 55 words of fiction Friday. However, we haven't been doing it lately because...well, because by Friday every ounce of creativity has been sucked out of my being.

So, today...I'm feeling a little spunky and I decide to write him the following email:

I couldn’t take it anymore. This morning I handed my two week notice and resignation letter in. Hopefully God will open another door for me. I have 2 weeks to find out. I’m not quite sure what I was thinking. A part of me is relieved, but the other part of me is very scared.



He calls me a second later..."Sue, tell me your kidding," he says with shock.

"55 words of fiction," I replied between chuckles.

"Your cruel!" he exclaims.

"No, I'm clever," I state proudly.

That's it folks...the hilight of my day. So...shoutoutz time...

To me for finishing Harry Potter and moving right along to "memoirs of a geisha"

To me for thinking of that clever prank to pull

To me for not biting my nails at all this week...despite the fact that you can see white tips on them!!

To Sunu for suggesting a girls night out tonight...i really need one!

To Sunu for bringing me back a snazzy scarf from Canada!

To my mom being outta the house tonight and unable to biyatch about when I decide to return home from the girls night out!

To John...the only guy who's allowed on the girls night out

To Monday...the only Monday i'm ever gonna look forward to...it's PAY DAY!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

heeey sue:) i hope that jovial friday led to a good wknd! very funny about ur 2 wk notice, i almost believed it:)