Tuesday, January 24, 2006

It's sad that the only thing that inspires me to write these days is the Bachelor. I am thankful for the cheeziest show on television because it allows me to put aside my own woes for 2 hours and concentrate on the disfunction in the lives of other women. It's a nice change of pace.

The week's episode was particularly interesting because it kind of showed you what men out there look for in a woman. Now don't get me wrong, I'm quite sure Dr. Travis Stork doesn't represent all the men in America, but I think it's fairly safe to say that many men are looking for the same thing.

I don't know if there are any men out there who read my blog, but if you do and you disagree with anything I'm about to say, please do voice your opinions. I'm curious to know how you feel. In last week's episode, the dashing bachelor let go of "Cole"...who was later described to be the sweetest and most sincere girl in the entire group. The other girls were shocked by the bachelor's decision.

But, isn't this just how it goes? From my experience, it seems that the majority of guys don't like sweet girls. Well, let me rephrase that. They LIKE them. In fact, they definitely want them to be a part of their lives, but not as their significant others. They like the attention and TLC that sweet girls provide but when it comes to relationships, sweet girls are a bore. They don't offer up enough of a challenge or excitement.

9 out of 10 sweet girls have run into a guy who has gotten chewed up and spit out by a feisty girl who not only stole his heart, but stomped on it and broke it when she was done. Afterwards, he complains, whines, and cries to the sweet girl about how horrible and cold this witch was. He then tells her everything he wants in a woman the next time around. Oddly enough, he's describing the sweet girl. Everything he's looking for is right in front of his face, but he's either to A. blind or B. dumb to see it. Does he choose the sweet girl eventually? No, he completely glazes over the fact that she's indeed alive...and pursue another woman who's exactly like the woman he broke up with months before.

So what becomes of the sweet girl? Well, hopefully she will be able to find that needle in the haystack... The one guy who appreciates her for who she is and the sweetness she serves up. It's hard to find, but surely that guy exists somewhere.

2 comments:

Scorps1027 said...

don't it always seem to go that the boys want the challenging girls and hte girls want the bad boys. hopefully, both sexes grow out of it at one stage and learn to find partners that complement/suit them. idon't know how fun it is to have a partner that doenst' give a damn about your feelings or who you are in the long run.

cookiemonsta said...

i've heard too many times from different people that I am a sweet girl. This post PROVES that either A. I need to change
B. start digging through that haystack and bit harder!